Friday 3 November 2017

Scary October Beers


October would have to be one of my most exciting months for beer, first you have Oktoberfest then if you can survive that, Halloween, not that it quite feels like it has taken off in Australia yet – I’m still looking for pumpkin beer  there is still the scary vibe that comes with it and luckily some spooky ales in the local bottleo’s.

First up is Rogue’s Dead Guy Ale, the name is morbid enough to classify for the scary category. For a 6.8% beer this had a rich taste, unlike anything I’ve ever had before.

This is a crazy tasting beer!

The description on the can read “Dead Guy Ale is a maibock style ale with a robust malt profile and a sweetness that is balanced by the liberal use of bittering hops.”

I’m sure a can of this could bring the dead to life.

To top it off I also got a Heretic’s Evil Cousin, an 8% double IPA.

Worth it!

I really liked this one, it had flavour and character, it reminds me of a joke about Tasmanian's where other Australian’s think we have two heads…

The can describes it as a resiny citrus and pine joy with an easy drinking malt character.

Both of these American craft beers were just two of many that I am starting to see pop up.

I’ll find some more scary ones to show you sometime soon.
Until then,

Cheers,


Dave 

No comments:

Post a Comment