Monday 30 October 2017

Weihenstephaner Pils


October is almost over, but I finally made it to a German festival.

Grindelfest at Grindelwald, Tasmania, was a lot of fun, advertised as a family event there were lots of activities for the kids while the adults partook in beer and food.








Between plastic steins of Carlton Draught, pretzels, bratwurst and even a tornado potato I enjoyed every moment of it.

Enjoying the great Tasmanian weather

Bratwurst "German sausage"
The only issue I had was their beer, I was hoping for something German to suit the event, but Carlton Draught was all they had available. Once I got home I opened a Weihenstephaner Pils, a real Oktoberfest kind of beer imported from Germany.

A bit hard to pronounce it is a great sized bottle at 500ml and has the typical old German beer feel to it, more of a punch than anything in Australia.

Weihenstephaner Pilsner is a traditional Pilsner style beer with a smooth, pale malt background and the grassy, floral aromas of European Hallertauer hops. Sweet and well balanced with a refreshingly crisp finish.  
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/DM_904073/weihenstephan-pilsner-500ml

This Pilsner is just one of many beers the brewery exports, I’ll have to try the others someday.

The Weihenstephaner range

The beer festivities for Oktoberfest are coming to a close but Halloween is on the way/ already here and I actually found some decent horror themed beers to share with you.

I picked up a German hat there to 'blend in'

Until next time,

Prost


Dave

1 comment: