Friday 3 November 2017

100th Post


When I started this blog, I had no idea that it would run for this long let alone reach 100 posts.

I didn’t realise I had so much about beer to share and still have a lot more to talk about.




We have looked at beers from all over the world, including mainstream, craft and even ones that barely earn the name beer.

BeerFest continues to be my #1 event!

I’ve challenged myself to compare similar types, drink unusual quantities and keep you up to date on new beers that hit the market.

Some of my most memorable highlights have been the Christmas advent calendars and visiting the growing number of beer festivals in my local area.

A fun lead up to Christmas
The VB challenge didn't go to plan...
A bottleshop attendant recently told me that I should claim my beer purchases on tax, I wish I had thought of that a long time ago…

I will never forget my time in the land of the rising sun

I plan to keep doing Dave’s Beers of the World, one day soon I would even like to have some unique merchandise to give to my followers, all two of you.

Sometimes the boot needs to come out!

Anyway, I didn’t just write this to inflate my ego any more than it needs, I stumbled upon an early Christmas beer that I wanted to share with you.

Christmas has come early for me with Brewdog’s Hoppy Christmas, a festive IPA from Scotland.

Merry Christmas!

“Sitting at 7.2% this festive pale ale is an ode to one of our favourite hops. May hope flakes deck the halls and carpet the streets with the tangy sweet citrus aroma of papaya and pineapple. Hoppy Christmas is a single hop simcoe IPA, with a toasty caramel malt backbone, big tropical aromas, and a bitterness that lasts ‘til new year.”

Hopefully I can find a few more of these by December.

Cheers,


Dave
We made it to 100 posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment