Sunday 30 October 2016

Halloween 2016

It’s about time to howl at the moon and tighten those neck bolts. Halloween in Australia is getting stronger every year, still not at the point where trick or treating is a proper thing yet but it’s a fun and scary time.


I don’t know about you but I like a good scare every now and again… not the ‘Boag’s is out of beer’ kind of scare but I think you get what I mean.

Halloween is a fun time of the year

This Halloween I want to get into the mood and spice up my beer drinking.

I’m limited being in Tasmania as Halloween themed beer is mostly in the US, I’m on the hunt though if any does exist here.

What I can do though is be a bit creative with the beer we already have.

Big orange pumpkins are things you see in movies where I come from but suddenly they are appearing in supermarkets and make excellent beer coolers once gutted and filled with ice.

I want to do this one year

After much searching I stumbled upon a new beer by rising to fame Tasmanian craft beer company Last Rites Brewing Co. Their new product is called Love Country, a Tasmanian IPA. It is a unique feeling of a pina colada with fruit and roasted coconut flavours along with the rich IPA bite. I enjoyed drinking this and even though it isn’t exactly a Halloween beer I went with it.

There are many kinds of Halloween themed beers out there, they just don't make it to Tasmania, follow this link to check them out: http://www.newschoolbeer.com/2015/10/thirteen-best-horror-fantasy-sci-fi-beers-for-halloween.html

He had a few too many...
Have a great Halloween everyone.

Cheers,


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment