Wednesday 26 October 2016

Veras 1866

Take two with French beer
I reviewed the French Beer Saint Mihal back in March and I’ve finally found a new French beer that is for sale in Australia and luckily it redeems my opinion of French beer (sort of).

Veras 1866 is advertised as a Premium European Lager, it definitely smells like a European beer, it even tastes like one. I had a couple of cold ones after a long day at the office and I was pretty satisfied.




At 4% it isn't a proper heavy beer but is easy to drink so you still get a good buzz from it.

The green bottle and classy label reminds me of Beck’s and Stella Artois, very good European beers.

But reading the label in between sips I saw something that I wasn’t really happy with… The ingredients list.

Maise, hop extracts and caramel aren’t things I like to have in a beer, I’m wondering if this is a common thing for French beer?

Regardless, this is a moderately priced beer (around $50 a carton) and passed the taste test.

Make sure you bring a bottle opener, pop tops

If you are looking for something different to try have a hunt around for this.

Thank you,


Dave 

I wonder if she drinks Veras?

No comments:

Post a Comment