Sunday 2 October 2016

Oktoberfest 2016

What an awesome time of year!
Hopefully all of you beer drinkers know about Oktoberfest? Germany’s biggest annual beer drinking festival?
Does it surprise you that the real Oktoberfest doesn’t actually take place in October?

This was a bit of trivia I learned while drinking with a German a few years ago.

This year from September 17 in Munich, Germany, Oktoberfest has been well into its 16-18 day duration, the folk festival draws more than six million people every year. It does finish in October but it runs mostly through September.


Tasmania has an Oktoberfest in Hobart, scheduled for October 8 this year (while I’m at Bathurst…), I haven’t heard from anyone who has been there before but believe it is something to aim for next year.

I couldn’t think of anything better than drinking lots of German beer in warming up Tasmanian weather.


One year I will even try to get to Germany for the real event, who wants to come with me?

I’ll get back to my beer,

Prost (German for cheers)


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment