Wednesday 10 January 2018

Beerfest 2018 Preview


We’re only a couple of days away from Beerfest 2018 in Launceston.

This annual event has become one of my favourite times of the year.




The huge gathering of beer, cider and food is a dream come true, unfortunately it only comes for a short time, my hip pocket is probably glad about that.

Reading news articles and following the social media around the event the biggest thing to know is that the location has changed, no longer around the Boag’s Brewery, Beerfest is now over at Royal Park. It is also only on Saturday, in years past it would start on Friday night giving me a chance to warm up and scope out the best stalls to visit.

I'll be studying this

I’m again looking forward to trying beers from around Tasmania and beyond, Devil’s Brewery from the south have become one of my favourite stalls to visit, this time they have a joint stall with the local Morrison Brewery who are trialling a Raspberry Sour beer.

Last year Boag’s made an exclusive beer for the event, I hope they do that again.

Red Brick Road are fresh from the Taste with a wide range of tasty ciders, they will help in between drinks to keep me going.

Coal Valley Cider is from a pristine remote area on the way to Hobart, I drove through there earlier in the week and saw their orchards that span as far as the eye can see. They always have a wide range of different fruit made into cider.

This cheat day for me is hopefully going to be filled with a lot of food too, Tornado Potatoes are back as well as Burger Junkie who recently opened a store after only being a food van, perfect food for Beerfest.



Make sure you wear sunscreen and drink water to keep at your best on the day.

My team of beer, cider and food enthusiasts will share what we liked the best.

Hope to see you there!


Dave

Visit the official page to see the special brews






No comments:

Post a Comment