Wednesday 30 November 2016

Xmas advent calendar 2016

I wonder what this is?
December is just around the corner and a new favourite pastime of mine is about to happen again.

Craft Beer Advent Calendars have become more popular since last year with more varieties available.








Once again Saint John Craft Beer had a new carton available and from the pictures on their site it looked a lot more creative and festive.

In my city, Launceston, we recently got a Dan Murphy’s an alcohol megastore, which is a big thing for this small island state. Dan Murphy’s were exclusively selling an Australian Brewer’s Craft Beer Calendar.

Chewie inspects the goods.
After much debate of which one to get I decided to get one of each and compare them.

That was a lot easier said than done.

Dan Murphy’s ran out of stock so I had to order online and had to hope it arrived in time.

Saint John Craft beer advertised they still had some available so I went in to find they were all gone. I left my name and number after being told more were being made.

November 30 comes and I’m getting a little worked up because I haven’t got either carton.

Finally, a carton sized box arrived at my door… Dan Murphy’s came through.

Craft beers from eight Australian brewers
Saint John made some more and sold them over the bar instead of honouring their pre-order list.

Slightly annoyed but better in pocket I’m glad that I still have a Craft Beer Advent Calendar and will gladly take you through it each day in the lead up to Christmas.

I’ve taken a few pictures to show you what we’ve got at $99 which is good value for craft beer, just $4 per day.

I really like this one as it has a highly-detailed box, on top of that each beer is from an Australian (including Tasmanian) brewery, some have featured in earlier posts.

Just like a chocolate advent calendar... but with beer
On closer inspection, the beers inside aren’t wrapped up – I can’t fit a whole carton into the fridge so I’ll have to see them to get them cold before drinking which sort of spoils the surprise.

Once you pop the cardboard top you know what you have.

First beer starts tomorrow.
Cheers,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment