Friday 25 December 2015

Craft Beer Advent Calendar Dec 21-24

Here we are at Christmas Day, it has been a long build up with a mystery beer each day of December.

While you wind down after what I hope is a long day of celebrating I want to share the final four beers with you.




Moo Brew has a weird bottle shape
December 21
Moo Brew Hefeweizen

One more Tasmanian brew came out of the brown paper bag. Moo Brew has always been good in its unique shaped bottle. I’ve never tried the Hefeweizen before, obviously German in design. It is a wheat beer which unlike the German wheat beer from earlier in the month this one is intriguingly bright and enjoyable. Its taste is hard to lock down as it is one I’m not very familiar with.

Good time of the year for sunburn
December 22
Eight Degrees Brewing Sunburnt Irish Red Ale

Australian and New Zealand hops are paired together to make this impressive craft brew (based in Ireland). As the name suggests it is a red ale. I don’t think I’ve had Irish beer before (Guinness is in a different group entirely) but if they taste like this one I will continue to drink them.

Panhead have redeemed themselves
December 23
Panhead Supercharger APA

In case you were wondering what APA stood for, I’m certain that it means American Pale Ale (a spin off from Indian Pale Ale). Panhead is a New Zealand product and I sampled one of their products already in this advent calendar. Luckily this time around this beer meets my satisfaction, I have nothing bad to say about this one.

This is actually Italian
December 24
Brewfist Spaghetti Western

The final beer of the calendar. I didn’t know what to expect for the final but I had a slight desire to get some sort of Christmas beer. Regardless of that I wasn’t disappointed. The first Brewfist beer of the advent calendar, this one I’ve had before because of the bizarreness of its name. This imperial stout with chocolate notes hails from Italy and doesn’t disappoint.

I want to try this one day
That concludes Dave’s Beers of the World for 2015.

I would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a happy and safe New Year.

Thank you for your support as I have turned this casual blog into an ongoing thing with over a thousand views.

I plan to keep things interesting and exciting in the new year, so stay tuned.

Cheers


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment