Saturday 5 December 2015

Craft Beer Advent Calendar Dec 1-5

I'm excited about this!
Saint John Craft Beer have created a unique advent calendar in the lead up the Christmas 2015.








What I'm drinking this month.
Randomly selecting 24 beers from across the world, they were wrapped in brown paper bags and tied. 







I wonder what's inside?
I didn’t know what they were at the time of buying it and therein lies the excitement.

Following the numbers written on them I’ve opened and consumed the first of them.







Want to know what they are?

December 1

Brooklyn Lager:
I can’t recall if I’ve tried this before but it was a surprise for the beginning of the calendar. A true American craft beer that went down nicely.










December 2

Dainton Good Son Golden Ale:
Dainton is one of my new favourite Australian Craft Brewers, they brew a wide variety of brews in particular Samurye Lager (which I will cover sometime soon). This was a nice standard kind of craft beer. Their label design is pretty interesting too.





December 3

Morrison English Bitter:
Yes! It only took until day three to get a Tasmanian beer, and a Launceston made one at that! Morrison Brewery make amazing beer and I enjoyed drinking this one.









December 4

Van Dieman Giblin Imperial Pale Ale:
How awesome is this! Four days in and another Tasmanian Beer. Van Dieman Imperial Pale Ale got me thinking about the upcoming release of the new Star Wars movie, it had a very chocolately feel to it with a good after taste, it also packs a punch at 7.7%.





December 5

3 Ravens English Extra Special Bitter
Two dark tasting beers in a row. First time to try this one from mainland Australia, another good beer for the advent calendar.










That’s the first of the carton, I’ll drink a few more and let you know what the rest are.

The first five.

Cheers


David

No comments:

Post a Comment