Saturday 12 December 2015

Craft Beer Advent Calendar Dec 6-10

This is Part Two of my Craft Beer Advent Calendar to keep you up to date with the beers I’ve been drinking this month.

December 6
Mikkeller Pilsner-Style Beer


This was the first canned beer in the advent calendar, I prefer stubbies to cans to begin with. The label of this beer is quite peculiar, like some sort of art painting. The beer was pretty good, from Belgium.







December 7
Holgate Brewhouse Temptress


On the label it reads “… this luscious winter warmer infused with Dutch cocoa and whole vanilla beans…”. A good tasting beer – better suited to colder conditions. From Victoria, Australia.








December 8
Panhead Hopfenweisse


For the first New Zealand beer (and the second can) for the advent calendar I found this one difficult to drink. It was warm before I got through it. This beer is a Hopfenweisse, a wheat beer, hence why it was unusual for me.






December 9
Epic Pale Ale


Back to back New Zealand beers but luckily this one was a lot better to drink, more along the lines of a classic craft beer. I would recommend this for you to drink.









December 10
Tool Battle Royal Imperial Miso Porter


I like creative beer labels, at first impression I love the guns printed on this label as well as the Japanese fan. Even using ‘miso’ in the name (Japanese bean curd – used in various foods) I thought this would be a Japanese beer. The label says it is made in Spain on one part then says Denmark on another. At first taste I knew right away that this is crafty and that it was alcoholic (it says 11% on the label), I’m surprised that this is a beer because it was way too rich for anything I normally drink. It took longer than normal to drink this. I will have to do some research into this beer in the future to find out about the confusing label and the even more confusing taste.

I have to say that I wasn’t overall pleased with these beers, some were hard to drink while others were out of place for summer drinking. I'm not saying don't ever try these beers, if you want to become a beer master like me then you should try any beer you can get your hands on. 

The first lot were excellent though so I have faith that the next 14 days will produce some more great beers.

Cheers
Dave 
December 6-10

No comments:

Post a Comment