Sunday 27 May 2018

Red Stripe


Here at Dave’s Beers of the World it is my mission to sample beer from everywhere in the world. I can now properly add another country to my list with Red Stripe from Jamaica.

Almost as famous as Usain Bolt

This isn’t my first Jamaican drink with Royal Jamaican Ginger Beer appearing in a sample box one year.

Right away I like the name, Red Stripe is what my favourite AFL team have on their guernsey, the bottle is shaped like a VB though, so it doesn’t win points for that – haha.

Red Stripe is a different tasting beer, it is a lager with a mild butterscotch flavour, it was easy to drink and was different from anything I have had before.

This beer is boasted as one of the many good things to come from the country including jerk chicken, Usain Bolt and Cool Runnings.

A running legend

If you want to stake the claim of being an international beer drinker, then this is one you should add to your list.

Cheers,
Dave



No comments:

Post a Comment