Wednesday 20 November 2019

Beer Cartel Xmas Advent Calendar 2019



It’s almost that time of year again and I want to share with you how I’ll be counting down to Christmas.





After a fun time, last year, I opted to go with Beer Cartel again this year, main reasons were the price – I got a discount for ordering early – and the fact that each year they change what’s in it.

It looks amazing!

This year’s carton/ calendar has undergone some changes.

It’s cans only.

It’s shorter – so it can fit in the fridge.

It’s 5x5 so it could fit x25 beers.

My carton arrived in pristine condition, I put it away so it was safe until needed.

A couple of days later I receive an email, a text message and see on Facebook that one of the beers has been recalled due to being canned too early… meaning its ABV could be a lot higher or that it could explode at any moment – it needs to be disposed of.

I'm sure it would have tasted amazing - if canned at the right time...

Not only do I not have a beer for Xmas Day now but I now know what it is…

Apparently 4,800 cartons were affected – too many to send a last-minute different beer so through a survey the company has given everyone one of four options about what they want to do.

I have opted to have the beers cost sent to the Rural Fire Service who are going through hell on the mainland.

So now I will be on the hunt for another beer for Xmas day.

But I still have a great way to countdown to one of the best times of the year.

I will be updating what surprises are hiding inside as we go through December.

Cheers,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment