Wednesday 10 July 2019

Kozel Dark





I can’t pronounce the name of this brewery so I will simply call the beer Kozel Dark.

The first Czech Republic beer to appear on Dave’s Beers of the World it was a bit of a wildcard when I was going through a mixed 6-pack I was gifted.

Apparently, the foam pours dark from the dark malts used in the brewing process, I drank it straight from the stubby, so I didn’t get to see it.





It’s only 3.8% in strength but comes in a 500ml bottle. For a dark beer it drank really well, with caramel flavour and rich undertones.

In my opinion, beer of every region has a unique taste, whether it’s from Germany, Mexico or China, this one has a completely different flavour of its own, I’ll be curious to try a different Czech beer to test this theory.

It has won seven “Dark Beer of the Year” awards back home and has been in business since 1874.

I know at least one Czech person, I’ll have to ask him what he thinks of this beer next time I see him.

I like it anyway.

Cheers,

Dave



No comments:

Post a Comment