Sunday 30 June 2019

Erdinger Wheat Beer






I haven’t had a decent German beer for a while so when I found this among my stash out the back, I knew it was coming out and into the fridge.

Erdinger is a traditional brewery who have been doing it since 1886 so they must be doing something right.






I only studied a little bit of German a long time ago but I’m pretty sure the pronounciation including the funny B in the beers name is ‘wheat’ which is exactly what this beer is.



A half-litre brew that’s 5.3%, its pale-yellow colour is synonymous with wheat beers, it also has some citrus tones to the flavour.

Of course, this Bavarian beer is brewed under the German purity law, another reason to like it as it is a proper traditional beer.

I just need to find some lederhosen and some pretzels and I can have a German party!

Cheers,

Dave



No comments:

Post a Comment