Wednesday 13 February 2019

Launnie Longneck Lager



Sadly, by the time you read this a god-like beer will probably no longer exist.
Tassie Craft Beer Company Moo Brew released a classic beer in limited supply, at first, I didn’t think I was going to be lucky enough to sample it.





A few funny posters were distributed to advertise, they worked because on release day local suppliers sold out that morning. I went in to a few places to get it and I was already too late.
Saint Johns offered a lifeline in a forgotten case they decided to put up for prizes on their addictive Meat Tray Tuesday night.
After a decent session my team had amassed quite a few tickets.
Finally, some luck, second and fourth.
My prized winnings came home with me to be opened for a special occasion.
In the meantime, I visited Festivale to quench my thirst, Moo Brew had a stall there and in another stroke of luck they had Launnie Longneck Lager on tap.
This beer is a masterpiece, my hand trembled as I brought the full cup to my lips, it was cold, bitter and felt like I was tasting a piece of history.
Launnie locals love long necks and now we can say we have had a beer named after us.
The beer was made to tie in with Mona Foma, a Tasmanian music and arts convention, hopefully they make some more next year.
Cheers,
Dave




No comments:

Post a Comment