Monday 3 December 2018

Wakachangi Lager



With all these Australian beers lately, I thought I should venture out a bit.
New Zealand isn’t too far away but I’ve had a good one I want to share.






One on of my many trips to a bottleshop in Tasmania I noticed the packaging of Wakachangi Lagers 6-pack, featuring a scene that looks like its from some crazy kind of movie, a man is holding a lady while trying to fend off a guinea pig? It stood out for me.
The next day I’m on a plane to Melbourne and reading the magazine tucked in the seat and some beer connoisseur recommends this beer.
The signs were starting to fall into place, so when I see one, I get it, I have to try it.
Wakachangi Lager is a nice craft beer that was founded by comedian Leigh Hart, as a bit of a joke there is a comment on the 6-pack and carton saying “With the beast’s razor sharp tusks at his throat, Great Uncle Kenny drew his BBQ mate and slew the rare but ferocious guinea pig, thereby saving his Tinder date (Peru 1936)”
All jokes aside this is a good brew that has fortunately reached Australian shores, check it out and have a laugh while you drink it, you won’t be disappointed.
Cheers,
Dave

The image on the packaging

No comments:

Post a Comment