Wednesday 10 October 2018

Carlton Dry Hard Lager


Carlton have gone hard, they have a new version of Carlton Dry, this one stands tall over all their beers.

At 6.5% this beer is two standard drinks, in cans it has hit bottleshops hard and has wowed Carlton fans.








The price increase matches the alcohol content of the beer, at first taste I had forgotten how long it had been since I had drank a ‘dry’ beer, the taste is unlike any other. By the time I had dominated the can I was feeling it. I could only imagine that if you go for a whole 6-pack this will make your day!



Toohey's tried something similar a while back with Toohey's Extra Dry Platinum, a revolution at the time its initial sales were positive and was different in that it was selling in eight packs. After a while and an alcohol percentage drop it disappeared, I wonder how long Carlton Dry Hard will last?



Dry beers are different because the carbs or sugars have been fully broken down during the brewing process, removing any sweet flavours, a unique taste but one that has its own following.

Go hard or go home, be like Carlton and go hard!

Cheers,


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment