Tuesday 11 September 2018

Monteith's The Barber Lager


I’ve known of the Monteith’s for a while but for their cider, a good quality product.

When I saw that they made beer too I jumped at the chance to have one.

New Zealand beer is hard to come by, I haven’t had too many before, so I was curious about what this craft beer had to offer.
A late-hopped West Coast lager which has been made with an interesting choice of NZ, German and US hops.




This is the Dan Murphy’s review for it “Monteith''s Barber Lager is a smooth crafted lager producing citrus hop notes with hints of orange zest and grapefruit with a crisp bitterness. Brewed with selected lager malts, this has a rounded mouthfeel with a refreshing finish.”

It hasn’t been reviewed too nicely online, Rate Beer reviewers have mostly been disappointed, untapped reviewers have been a little kinder.

I did like drinking this one, it went down well, in a craft beer world of Pale Ales, IPA’s, IIPA’s and the like I haven’t come across many lagers.



If you want to taste a good New Zealand craft beer, then get onto this.

Cheers,

Dave
NZ looks like a good place to visit

No comments:

Post a Comment