Thursday 29 June 2017

Bintang

The star beer of Indonesia, Bintang is the nations #1 and possible only real beer according to my research – by all means prove me wrong please.

Brewed since 1929 it is styled after Heineken, in taste and bottle design, it has ties to the Holland brewer who have given Indonesia a taste of European culture – the brewery was originally called Heineken’s Indonesian Brewing Company.

Styled to look and taste like Heineken

Australian’s visit the nation quite regularly, being just north of us, one place in particular – Bali – is an Australian hotspot.

After trying Bintang for the first time I get the Heineken-like feel of it but also think of Chinese beers such as Tiger and Tsing Tao.

I can very much see myself in Bali on holiday, in a pool, knocking back Bintang after Bintang.

Where I want to be!

Never having been to Bali though I did some research and learned that there are areas where alcohol is illegal, they don’t sound very exciting to visit.

It is exported here to Australia but I don’t know how much further than that.

Cheers,


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment