Thursday 15 December 2016

Xmas Advent Calendars 2016 Dec 11 - 15

Hello beer lovers, we are reaching the halfway mark of this adventure.

Want to know what else is in the cartons? Then continue reading.










December 11
Van Dieman Oatmeal Stout
As you already know, dark beers aren’t high on my list, this one in particular boasts an espresso feel to it, I don’t like coffee and I struggled with this one.

Brewcult Reset Robot Pale Ale
A mid strength beer at best, this was a nice palate changer after the dark beer. Brewcult have a funny cartoony kind of character on their logos, their beer is usually of a new age variety and they are doing a good job with their products.

December 11

December 12
Bridge Road Chestnut Porter
At first I was very curious about this one, I don’t have much experience with nut flavoured beer. But if I had to rate this as a hit or a miss I would call it a miss, it was a strange beer and I struggled to get through it.

Naparbier The Crimson Bird Saison with Raspberries
After the chestnut porter I was hoping for something different to change the taste in my mouth, then I unwrap this, from Spain, this is a very peculiar beer indeed, of course it has a very fruity smell, the taste is somewhat sour and fruity. It didn’t go down fast as I wanted to keep sampling the taste, it was unlike anything I’ve ever had before. Might have to try another one before I pass a final verdict.

December 12

December 13
Murray’s Angry Man Pale Ale
I’ve had this before and I really like it, it’s a cheeky Australian beer with a person boxing with a kangaroo on the label. Using malts and hops from several countries this is a beer I would go back and drink over and over again.

Last Rites Horn of Diligence Pale Ale
Hopefully you remember another product from Last Rites a few posts ago, a Tasmanian brewery, they are known for their unique beers. This caught me by surprise as it was nothing like I expected, this is a very different tasting pale ale, it went down like most other beers.

December 13

December 14
Bridge Road Beechworth Pale Ale
I was expecting it and was glad to peel open another door to find this one. The Beechworth Pale Ale was my introduction to this amazing craft beer company in Victoria. It has been a while since I had one so it was great to get a taste for it again. It is made from four hop varieties from three continents.

Dainton Extra Session Ale
Dainton is another favourite craft beer brewer of mine and anything to do with an extra session usually gets my attention. From their can it explains that this is their bastard love-child, kicking and screaming into the world with a whole lot of heart. The first Dainton canned beer I’ve ever had, it gets my approval.

December 14

December 15
Moon Dog Old Mate Pale Ale
Moon Dog have redeemed themselves after an overly dark beer earlier on. This unique pale ale with a peach/ citrus hop taste is the exact opposite and is a very nice beer to drink.

Venom Golden Ale
I’ve had this in random packs before, it is an average tasting Victorian craft beer using New Zealand hops.

December 15

Christmas is almost here, keep on drinking.

Cheers,


Dave






No comments:

Post a Comment