Sunday 3 April 2016

Worlds Biggest Selling Beer

What is the world's biggest selling beer?
If I asked you what you thought the world’s biggest selling beer was, what would you guess?

Good guesses would include the ubiquitous Corona and Budweiser.

I was hoping it would be Boag’s Draught but apparently I’m wrong.





These figures are from 2012
Whether it is the best tasting or most exciting beer is still up for debate but Snow Beer, brewed in China is #1. Primarily sold in China – a country of one billion people, it has a yearly output of around 61 million hectolitres, which is an f-ton of beer (according to The Ultimate Book of Beers, 2015).

Until I read it in a Beers of the World book I was recently given for a present I wouldn’t have believed that this beer that I have never heard of before sells more than any other brew in the world.

Not just China but the world apparently

This post is unique in that I’m writing about a beer I’ve never tried or even seen in the flesh, but I thought that I should share this with you, for Dave’s Beers of the World, Snow Beer by sales is the most popular beer in this world.

It is a pale lager with only 3.9% alcohol so it is a tease between a mid and full strength.

I want to drink you ;-)
I like the look of the green label and bottle from pictures I’ve seen, and recently I was informed that it is being sold in QLD, Australia.

I will endeavour to try this and let you know what I think.

Cheers,


Dave

I'll have my beer cold please =)


No comments:

Post a Comment