Sunday 26 July 2015

Beer Challenge: Victoria Bitter

Nothing better than crushing an empty can
Since writing these blogs I have attracted a lot of attention from fellow beer lovers who recommend me to drink and write about their favourites. One person offered to shout me a night of drinking under the condition it was a beer that they knew I didn’t like very much.

By taking them up on their offer I have created a new way to cover my blog.



Let me present to you Beer Challenge #1: VB

VB comes in many shapes and sizes
I would like to thank my mate Troy for making this possible.

VB is an Australian icon
Firstly, I have had VB (Victoria Bitter) many times before, it is widely available and popular, one of Australia’s most popular beers.

A funny/ interesting thing about the beer is the initials, VB which people have used to make many comedic references to the beer. The most popular ones I've heard are: Vomit Bombs, Very Bad, Vaginal Backwash, and even Very Best.


It just isn’t one that places highly on my drinking list. Not for any real reason though, other than I don’t know many that drink it (in Tasmania).

THE CHALLENGE

What we faced at the beginning of the night
What happened: A block of 30 cans were provided for the purpose of the challenge, to have a controlled environment the beers were chilled and no other alcohol was consumed prior to the challenge.

“You have to drink VB cold and fast!” - a seasoned VB drinker.

With this comment in mind I cracked my first can with the aim to get it down as fast as possible.


Once the first was gone I got straight onto the second, they got better the more I drank, the challenge went well into the night.

We left a few afterwards...
How many did we drink?

I didn’t check the final count but between us we drank at least half of the block, not a bad effort but there is always room for improvement.










Lessons learned:

The next morning I checked my hands and feet to see if any extra appendages grew overnight, apart from the usual Tasmanian anomalies everything seemed fine. It turns out that VB is a good session drinking beer, my only concern was the throbbing headache for the whole day afterwards.
VB puts you to sleep...
If you have a favourite beer you want to prove to me makes the cut send me an invite!

Cheers,

Dave 
They like to brag, haha



No comments:

Post a Comment