Wednesday 1 May 2019

Fresh Hop 2019




 After an enjoyable visit to the 2019 Hop Harvest in Launceston I have to say that it has been my #1 event this year.


This has replaced the Fyre Festival that I was at briefly on New Year’s Eve.





Twenty-six beers were on display that were only made for this event, ranging from pale ales, stouts and even a few sours.

With my booklet I got at the gate I ticked beers off as I went and studied which ones I wanted to sample.

I got through x15 in the end, this year to save on waste they had plastic cups you could purchase, they could be swapped over at any time and if you didn’t want to take it home you could give it back to the bar for a refund.

The thing I like about Hop Harvest is the option to get a 100ml sample of any beer for $3 or 400ml for $9, you can get through them all a lot quicker.

Once again, the food was a credit to the event, with Saint John’s regular spectacular choices to dark choc, stout brownies, loaded nachos and a lamb kebab which I didn’t get to in the end.

Choc Stout Brownie

Saint Johns tickled my merchandise habit with stubby holders and T-shirts for sale.

The beer I voted for on the way out was the Eleventh Order Super Galactic Sour Cherry, a close second was the first beer I tasted when I got there – Shambles Brewery & Ocho’s Attack of the Cones.



The winner by people’s choice was The Mill Brewery’s The Freshest Haze, unfortunately it was one of the few I missed.

Overall a fun event, only wish I could have put in three hard days there, maybe next year.



Cheers,

Dave

A popular Event



No comments:

Post a Comment