Saturday 30 June 2018

Brekeriet Alpha Beta


I haven’t been to Sweden before but luckily Sweden came to me. 

This craft beer is crazy, a Berliner Weisse (cloudy, sour usually weak beer made in Germany since the 16th century). 









Check out the colour!


Get this, the beer has passionfruit, beetroot, lime and vanilla.

Passionfruit and lime have always been good flavours for beer but beetroot and vanilla???

Beetroot is great in hamburgers and I will admit it makes for a good dip?

On the other hand, vanilla goes great with coke and icecream.

This beer was indeed sour, and it had a flavour unlike anything I’ve ever had before.

It wasn’t weak though, at 4.7% it is the strength of a regular beer.

If Swedish brewers can come up with this, I wonder what else they make over there?

I picked this up from Crown Cellars for about $10, it was worth a try!

Cheers,

Dave




Swedish things look good!

I will be on the search for more Swedish beer!

No comments:

Post a Comment