Friday 12 May 2017

Time away from beer

Not by my choosing but I had a life changing event happen, not at all caused by alcohol but it kept me off it for some time.

A longer than usual stint in hospital was a sudden stop to my fast-paced life that I didn’t see coming, unfortunately they don’t have a bar to help pass the time.




Now that I’m out and have wi-fi access again I can get back to writing about the thing that helps lubricate me through life.

I had been thinking for days about what the first beer should be once I start drinking again. It has taken me over a week to be able to drink a whole can of lemonade in one sitting.

After all of that though I opened the fridge and found some Samurye Lager I picked up from Saint John’s after the Hop Harvest Festival.

The feeling of the beer on my lips brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye.

It had been way too long between drinks.

I’ve got a long list of things to tick before I’m back to 100%, this was one I’m glad I could do early.

It’s good to be back.

Cheers,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment