Tuesday 7 March 2017

Adnams Ghost Ship Pale Ale

An English beer with a spooky feel, I picked up a four-pack at Dan Murphy’s to try it for myself.

Inspired by a pub in one of England’s most haunted villages, the Bell Inn at Walberswick, Southwold is a place known for many shipwrecks along the coastline.








The first thing to note about the beer is when you open the can you get hit with a foam explosion, my first guess was that they must capture a ghost in each can and they are trying to escape… you lose a good few mouthfuls once you open it. After cleaning up the mess I was able to drink it, a craft beer feel from the moment you taste it and it was enjoyable right until the end.

The Bell Inn, the birthplace of Ghost Ship Pale Ale
It turns out all four cans frothed up and made a mess as I opened them… they have been waiting in my fridge for a while so it wasn’t from being shaken up, that is the only downside to this fantastically spooky ale.

Citra hop, an American hop known for its lemon and lime scent has been used along with other American hops. There is also a variety of malts included which give it its amazing character, the website claims it has a ‘pithy bitterness’ which means it's full of vigor and substance.

Add caption
If you get to try one let me know if you have the same frothy issue, I would like to know if it was just bad luck or maybe they are so ghostly that there is in fact a spirit trapped inside?
Cheers,

Dave 



No comments:

Post a Comment