Tuesday 26 July 2016

Y&J Naked Ale

A craft beer with a naked twist
I love going to Melbourne, I try to visit at least once a year. One of the reasons I go is to visit the Young and Jackson and have a pint of their Naked Ale.

The Young and Jackson is a restored boutique style pub with over 30 beer taps and three levels including a rooftop bar on the corner of Swanston and Flinders Street.


Across the road from Flinders St Station

This time around though I learn that they don’t make it anymore… according to the bartender anyway.

Instead I settled for a new beer made exclusively for the hotel, Chloe’s Pale.

Y&J's have a great selection of craft beer available

I wanted to write a blog post about the Naked Ale, I’ll do it anyway though to let you know what you are missing out on.

Pale yellow in colour, it was an “unfiltered heferweisen beer with strong banana flavour on the nose, fruity flavours, rich in clove, nutmeg and cinnamon characteristics”.

Named after Chloe, a model from Paris who had a naked portrait done of her and has complimented the Young and Jackson hotel since 1909.

A nice view while you have a beer or two

Until recently it was a core beer which they have been making for some time through different breweries, old stubbies can be seen on display in the hotel.

It is a unique hotel with an interesting back story, next time you visit Melbourne I suggest you visit and see what they have on tap, you can also get a picture with the portrait!

Cheers,


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment