Wednesday 16 March 2016

Saint Mihal

The latest beer I've tried
Je mappelle David

Je suis australien

I once took some French lessons and this is mostly what I remember.

I have finally found a French beer, Saint Mihal, has reached local bottleshops in Tasmania.





For a long time, I didn’t think the French drank beer because I haven’t seen any before.

Saint Mihal is 4% in strength and only comes in a 330ml can.

My first impression is that it smells unlike any beer I’ve had before and I can say the same about the taste. It’s drinkable but not something I would have very often.

Come on France, lift your game!

The ingredients are disappointing: water, barley, maize, hop

extracts and caramel - things that are common with lower quality beer to make it cheaper to produce and leave you with a bad taste in your mouth.

A commentator on Beeradvocate.com had this to say about Saint Mihal:

“From can, pours pale Amber with thin layer of film on top. Aroma cardboard, bread and malt. Taste A hint of bubblegum, or fruit tingle, candy like very different but drinkable.”

Viva la France

I like France and many things French, the few French women I have met are amazing, but I hope that Saint Mihal doesn’t represent all that France has in beer, I’ll be on the lookout for a redeeming French beer – one that doesn’t smell like cardboard.

Cheers


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment