Friday 26 February 2016

Esk Beerfest 2016 Day One

The time has come to drink beer
The time is upon us, the Esk Beerfest has opened in Launceston, dust off your stubby holders and lather yourself in sunscreen, it’s time to drink some beer!

Officially I was one of the first in after the 45 minute delay in opening and was quick to scout around for what drinks were on offer.





The first beer.

I started the event with my #1 beer from last year – not another f$cking pale ale by Devils Brewery.
After 13 beers and ciders I had a great first night and have now had time to collect my thoughts on what it’s like.

Many of my favourite brewers were there some with merchandise for sale and there is some amazing food to get into – gourmet pies and hamburgers.


Pyengana Steak and Cheese Pie - amazing

Stout I think....

But there were a few things that are missing:

# Saint John Craft Beer do not have a spot this year which is sad because they bring a different kind of beer to the festival.

# Henry’s (non-alcoholic) Ginger Beer was AWOL as well, I will also make a point that non-alcoholic options were few and far in between, I couldn’t even find where to buy a bottle of water.

# Tornado potatoes are nowhere to be seen… I had four or five of these last year and they didn’t show this time…

# The food in general appears to be lacking, no roast rolls or salt and pepper calamari, all amazing things to have while drinking lots of beer…

# There was a promise of whiskey this year, at this stage I’ve only located one whiskey stall, I was hoping there would be more of a variety.

This year the organisers have boasted they have 250 beers and ciders available, 50-100 more from last year even though there seems to be less vendors. I will spend day two counting how many there actually are because I’m already calling myth busted.

Overall I’m excited to take part in Beerfest and wish it lasted more than a night and a day, it comes once a year so I will make the most of day two.

Reminiscing about the past in the Boag's Bar

Once again I will be awarding the ‘best of’ in several categories (best beer overall, best stall, best food item, best cider etc), if you come upon something that stands out amongst the rest today let me know!
Kicksnare Brewing hard at work

Kicksnare 5-pack sampler!!!
























Hope to see you there today!


Dave
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment