Sunday 5 April 2015

Pure Blonde (Premium)

New and old designs
The adjectives pure and blonde by themselves are ones that I hold in high regard.

Put them together though and you get a beer that has become a cult icon in Australia for more than a decade.












It comes in cans too!
Pure Blonde is an all malt lager, released by Carlton & United Breweries in 2004. This beer contains seventy-percent less carbohydrates than other standard full strength beers, but it still contains the same alcohol content, weighing in at 4.6%.












This beer contains nothing artificial, delivering a pure, crisp taste. It’s a pale coloured beer that undergoes an extended brewing process in order to deliver the low carb contents.

This is me right now!
If you went into a bar or bottleshop in Australia today I guarantee that they will sell Pure Blonde or at least another version of blonde beer.

Where was my invite to this party?
Where bragging rights are concerned, this beer has won (according to Wikipedia) a lot of awards in its short life, including gold at the Effie awards in 2009. The Effie awards are marketing communications awards, given to honour the most effective marketing communications ideas.

Pure Blonde has had interesting advertising campaigns, including pure, blonde, male and female models living in some kind of paradise, a place I would very much like to visit (just the female area though).

I have some links here to take you to some of these advertisements:



This truck is on the way to my place, haha!
This article is pro-blonde but for all you brunettes and red-headed (ladies) out there, you are all still amazing. I won’t level the playing field here by adding a blonde joke though.

Pure Blonde appeals to beer drinkers as it sells itself as a weight-losing beer. I remember when it first came out, a friend and I swapped to blonde beer in an attempt to trim our waist lines. If anything I’m pretty sure we gained weight.

Low carb? Why did I put on more weight?
Blonde beers have been popping up around Australia for a while now, the brewing style has long been used in Europe and has given Australians interested beers such as Platinum Blonde, Bondi Blonde, and of course Classic Blonde by James Boags.
A carton, yes please
There has been much debate about the effectiveness of blonde beers and a connection with losing weight, less carbs means less weight gain doesn’t it?

To put it simply, Catherine Saxelby in 2008 on her Foodwatch website pointed out that the carbs saved by drinking a beer equates to about half a slice of bread. Not much when you drink one but in a session you could have about half a loaf of bread less of carbs floating around in your stomach.

It has been scientifically argued that it is better to drink LESS alcohol than to take in less carbs. I hate to break it to the beer drinkers out there, but if we want to lose some weight we have to cut back on 
how much we drink (I hate myself for just typing that).

They can work for me!
At the time of writing this, Dave’s Beers of the World has had 468 views over all of the articles. 

Please help to boost my ego by getting it to 500 views.

Thank you once again,

Cheers!


-          Dave

Pure Blonde! =)








No comments:

Post a Comment