Thursday 30 August 2018

James Boag's Wild Rivers


It has been about eighteen months since we were graced with a new Boag’s Beer, Oscar’s Run, at the Esk Beerfest in 2017.


Oscar didn’t run very far though and wasn’t seen past one of my favourite events of the year.







Boag’s identified a gap in the market so spent seven months coming up with something new, they did have a few gaps fillers a few years ago but went with something completely new.

I present to you Wild Rivers, a new refreshing lager inspired by the wild rivers and waterfalls of Tasmania.

It pours well and has a nice colour

For now, only available at the Centre for Beer Lovers across the road from the brewery before it hits the bottleshops.

Before getting in to sample this I had heard people’s thoughts, is it a remake of Boag’s Pure?

Here’s what I’ve found out:
It does taste like Boag’s Pure but has more of a malt profile.
It has been made with aromatic hops, including cascade.
Only available in stubbies for now, popularity will determine whether it goes to kegs or not.
It will go Australia wide.
It has a very distinctive lager feel to it.



After being one of the first to try it I picked up a six-pack to take home.

Ready for sale

There was a launch yesterday to promote Wild Rivers, my invite must have been lost in the mail.

This is a nice, new, amazing product by Boag’s, I’ll be sure to support it and I hope you like it as I do.

Cheers,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment